Happy Friendship Day 2016 – The True Bonds of Fellowship
- 1 Happy Friendship Day 2016
Happy Friendship Day 2016
Happy Friendship Day 2016: It’s Friendship Day again…That time of the year when you have to appreciate that person who shared your joys and sorrows, tried to make your life a little less difficult and stood by you through thick and thin no matter what. The prevalent traditions of Friendship Day incorporate giving roses, particularly the pink and yellow ones. The day is seen as an extraordinary celebration with thrills and cheers, with companions tossing parties, glutting on lip-smacking dishes and partying hard be it at home or at restaurants for this event.
Days before the celebration, card and gift organizations dispatch a broad battle to bait individuals into purchasing friendship related accessories for their companions. Organizations promote aggressively to target adolescents and lure them into buying costly articles for their buddies. This advertising procedure has been extremely reprimanded by numerous individuals and is a subject of level headed discussion consistently. Numerous vibes that such widespread commercialization has damaged the very idea of Friendship Day and has transformed it into a unimportant custom. Then again, the belief that more prominent buildup and hoopla around the event has produced mindfulness about Friendship Day celebration which was till as of late a low key affair (contrasted with events as “Mother’s Day” and “Father’s Day”) and hence a mere flicker of friendship and brotherhood.
An exceptionally mainstream thing connected with it is the understood Friendship Band – the advanced token of kinship that are a blessing from the companions to each other to frame an everlasting bond. Friendship bands are most loved things for youths and are accessible in stores everywhere throughout the nation. Young ladies go in for friendship bracelets rather than the routine friendship wristbands. Friendship Poems and Friendship Day Gifts are traded between closest companions to recharge the obligation of kinship and express appreciation and affection for each other.
Since its initiation in 1935, Friendship Day celebrations have come a long way. But however much the ways of celebration have changed, the basic idea behind the occasion remains the same. Friendship Day remains the time when you acknowledge your friends’ contribution in your life, express love for them, cherish their presence in your life and pay them a tribute.
Today, Friendship Day is being celebrated around the globe, across diverse cultures and social segments.
When is Friendship Day 2016?
Happy Friendship Day 2016: Friendship day was initially established by Hallmark in 1919. It was proposed to be a day for individuals to commend their kinship by sending each different cards but by 1940, the card market had died out and so did Friendship Day with it. In 1998 Winnie the Pooh was named the world’s Ambassador of Friendship at the United Nations (believe it or not!), and in April 2011 the United Nations once again formally perceived 30th July as the International Friendship Day; albeit in this case, most nations celebrate on the first Sunday of August which is the 7th of August 2016!
Friendship Day Images & Pictures 2016
Whether you have a single best friend or a huge group of friends, the feeling you get when you talk to them is the same. Friends are the people with whom you share your joy and happiness with, your sadness and depression, on whom you unburden your woes and the people who lend you a hand to pick you up stronger than when you fell. Friends are the family that you choose yourself not the one you are born into. The bond between friends is tougher than rock.It is the person you can call at 4 AM without blinking an eye. And obviously, phone calls with your best friend are the very best! As Marceline Desbordes-Valmore very accurately quotes, ‘Are we not like two volumes of one book?’ The first picture shows how best friends are really like one book split into different volumes. The famous TV show F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is worth watching, not only because of humor, but because of the things it teaches us about life and explains the value of our friendship and that we would be fools to give up true friends.
Happy Friendship Day 2016
Happy Friendship Day 2016: Friendship day is celebrated every year on 30th of July to commemorate the beautiful bond among human beings known as friendship. This relationship is among the purest emotions in the world. It has no barriers, no age difference, no ethnic, caste or creed that can act as boundaries. You can be friends with any living being and connect with them. It is based on mutual feelings of trust, communication, helping each another, and most importantly – loyalty.
To celebrate this day, people make sure to express their feelings and hope that they are well received. Everybody makes it a point to tell their friends in different ways that they care and that their friendship is one of the most important thing in their lives. We can show love for our friends in many different ways. By exchanging gifts, bracelets, flowers, cards and spending a whole day exclusively with your friend, thus giving them the utmost importance. The advent of technology has made the showing of this love and bond easier by sharing of text messages, e-Cards and calling your friends.
Technology has also made it easier to bridge the gap between friends who live far apart, by closing in the gap between distances and time zones thus making the bond stronger between friends who live far apart and have not met each other for a long time.
Thus friendship day is a day that you must celebrate at all costs to value that special person in your life who has been with you through thick and thin, and been with you in times of joy and sadness, has been a constant source of laughter for you, the strongest support system and the person to offer you advice and encouragement in every important decision you have had to make in life, and every dream you wanted to achieve.
Friendship Day Quotes
Happy Friendship Day 2016: Friends are an important part of everyone’s life. We’ve put together a list of a few quotes to let you know what some of the famous people think of their special buddies.
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. -Helen Keller
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything. -Muhammad Ali
- Friends are the siblings God never gave us. -Mencius
- Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer. -Jean de La Fontaine
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. -Jim Morrison
- My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake. -Aristotle
- In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. -Albert Schweitzer
- Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. -C. S. Lewis
- Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing. -Elie Wiesel
- The only way to have a friend is to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Friendship Day Texts – Messages – SMS – Wishes
Happy Friendship Day 2016: What is the point of Friendship Day when you can’t even wish your friends a Happy Friendship Day? Here are some SMS comprising of only a few words yet they fully explain your friendship. Don’t hesitate and send these to your friends as soon as possible!
- A true friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today just the way you are.
- The most precious gift you can give someone is the gift of your time and attention.
- People don’t always need advice. Sometimes all they really need is a hand to hold, friend to listen, and a heart to understand them.
- The best antiques are old friends!
- Thank you for touching my life in ways you may never know. My riches do not lie in material wealth but in having friends like you – a precious gift from God!
- Lovers are cold water; enemies are salt water; teachers are hot water; parents are mineral water; but friends are beer bottle!
- If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn’t jump with them. I’d be at the bottom to catch them!
- It takes half our life to find true friends and half of it keeping them. I am lucky to have spent less than half my life finding you and wish to spend the rest keeping you.
- Sometimes having fun with your friend is all the therapy that you need!
- Best friends: The people you can get mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them!
- Friendship is not collection of hearts but it is selection of hearts!
- Friend: someone who tells you things while you are alive, things that others tell after you die.
- A best friend isn’t someone who’s just always there for you. It’s someone who understands you a bit more than you understand yourself!
- Our body is very wisely designed. We can neither ‘pat’ our own ‘back’ nor ‘kick’ our own ‘ass’ – for it, friends are needed!
- Benefits of Friends: Shitty jokes whenever you ask for them; Useless jokes when you don’t ask for them!
- In this world, where everything seems uncertain, only one thing is definite. You’ll always be my friend, beyond words, beyond time and beyond distance!
- A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths!
- Friendship is about bringing out the positive when everything seems negative, being accepted for who you are, being able to pick up right where you left off, sharing, talking, and laughing. Friendship is about us, and for that I’m grateful. Happy Friendship Day.
- Sometimes in life we think we do not need anyone. And sometimes we do not have anyone when we need someone. So do not let your best friends go away ever!
- A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words!
- Strangers think I’m quiet, my friends think I’m out-going, My best friends know that I’m completely insane!
- A sincere friend is an extension of my own self without whom I am incomplete. So, take good care of yourself because I don’t want to lose a part of myself.
- My heart’s like an open book; it depends on how you read me. Don’t judge me by my cover; look in and discover. I will be your true friend for ever!
- Thank you for touching my life in ways you may never know. My riches do not lie in material wealth but in having friends like you – a precious gift from God.
- Life is not easy and it will never be, but you’ve got friends and one of them is me.
Happy Friendship Day!
Friendship Day 2016 Greeting Cards
Friendship day is celebrated every year on 30th July. It marks the special bond between humans and is a day to celebrate that bond of friendship. To celebrate this day and to make our friends feel special we often take up different ways such as spending the whole day with them, treating them out to dinner and with that also giving them special gifts or cards or letters. One of the favorite ways is to give your friend a card.
Card making and giving is an art from old times, where people used to make cards for their loved ones by hand adding designs and inscribing a thoughtful message.
These cards were received with much anticipation and made the recipient feel very special. Which is exactly what the purpose of a card should be.
With the introduction of technology and fast paced messaging, e-cards were introduced which helped people send their lovable friends cards through the internet and other websites which were sent at a moments notice and could also be sent to those friends who lived miles apart in other countries.
These cards are ready made with different designs and messages already written on them, and you just have to choose among the variety and select the card which appeals to you and you think your friend will like and ensure that it will be sent to your friend.
Friendship Day Songs – Poems
Happy Friendship Day 2016: What better approach to observe Friendship day than to do as such with some decent melodies! Tunes are for all events and Friendship Day is absolutely the day for such songs. So here we convey to you a rundown of famous melodies and poems to sing and play on Friendship Day. Everyone of them are identified with the subject of companionship and are proper for Friendship Day festivities.
So get going! Pull up your socks and make this Friendship Day a vital time for you and in addition your companions with these delightful Friendship Day tunes. Happy Friendship Day!
- Friends never say goodbye by Elton John
- Ben by Michael Jackson
- With a little help from my friends by The Beatles
- Count On Me by Whitney Houston and Cici Winans
- Lean On by Major Lazer and DJ Snake ft. MØ
- A Time to Talk by Robert Frost
- Poison Tree by William Blake
- A Friend by Gillian Jones
- Friends for Life by Angelica N. Brisset
- Sonnet 104 by William Shakespeare