Lux Style Awards 2016 – Celebrity Wins & Complete Results
Lux Style Awards 2016
Lux Style Awards (LSA) 2016 unquestionably satisfied all the build-up and desires. The red carpet of Lux Style Awards 2016 was full of fashionable spectacles. Before we move on to the celebrities’ fabulous wardrobe and clothing of choice for the star studded night, let’s talk about the best of the best celebrities who won big last night.
Winner’s List of the 15th LUX Style Awards 2016 #LSA2016
Lux Style Awards 2016: Full List of Winners
Best Dressed Male Hamza Ali Abasi
Best Dressed Female Mahira Khan
Life Time Achievement Nilofer Shahid
- Best TV Play: Diyar e dil
- Best Writer: Khalil-ul-Rehman Qamar for Sadqay Tumhare
- Best Director: Anjum Shehzad for Rang Laga
- Best OST: Zeb Bangash and Momin Durrani for Diyar e dil
- Best TV Actor: Faisal Qureshi for Rang Laga
- Best TV Actress: Mahira Khan for Sadqay Tumhare
- Album of the Year: Begum Gul Bakaoli Sarfarosh (Noori)
- Song of the Year: Rock star Romeo by Ali Zafar
- Best Music Video Director: Salman Noorani (Mariam by Mooroo)
- Best Emerging Talent: Slow Spin
- Model of the Year (Male): Hasnain Lehri
- Model of the Year (Female): Fouzia Aman
- Best Fashion Photographer: Abdullah Harris
- Best Hair and Makeup Artist: Nabila
- Achievement in Fashion Design Luxury for Pret: Shamaeel Ansari
- Achievement in Fashion Design for Pret: Generation
- Achievement in Fashion Design for Bridal: Faraz Manan
- Achievement in Fashion Design for Lawn: Faraz Manan
- Best Menswear Designer: Amir Adnan
- Best Emerging Talent: Alee Hassan for Photographer
- Best Film: Moor
- Best Supporting Actor: Javed Sheikh for Wrong Number
- Best Supporting Actress: Ayesha Khan for Jawani Phir Nahi Aani
- Best Director: Jami for Moor
- Best Male Singer in a Film: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for Teray Bina Jeena, OST of Bin Roye
- Best Female Singer in a Film: Abida Parveen for Maula, OST of Bin Roye
- Best Film Actor: Humayun Saeed of Jawani Phir Nahi Aani
- Best Film Actress: Mahira Khan for Bin Roye
Lux Style Awards 2016 was a huge night, not just for the awards, but it was also the evening where thousands of celebrities joined hands to pay their tributes to the greatest legends, Amjad Sabri and Abdul Sattar Edhi. Ali Zafar and Ali Sethi led the tribute for Amjab Sabri while Nilofer Shahid won the Lifetime Achievement Award and dedicated it to the greatest and exceptional humanitarian who ever lived, Abdul Sattar Edhi. Faisal Qureshi on the other hand, dedicated his award to the Kashmiris. Amjad Sabri’s son and brothers also paid a tribute to him with a powerful rendition of Karam Maangta Hoon, his favorite dua/prayer. It was a special night for Mahira as well as she not only performed live for the first time but also because her father was present in the audience. She won three awards, dedicated her trophies to her father in a heart warming speech, thanking him for bringing her up.
Among the other most favorite moments from the Lux Style Awards include Yasir Hussain’s acting and witty sense of humor leaving everyone in splits, Sohai’s power packed performance, Fawad Khan’s amusing and hilariously entertaining special segment with Ahmad Ali Butt and the all time best, free and deliciously scrumptious food!
Although the Lux Style Awards 2016 were very entertaining, nothing is flawless and the Awards come a long way from perfect. Even though the invite said the red carpet would start at 6 PM SHARP, the fans patience was put to test when the main event actually started at past 11.
Some people were trying too hard to be funny. Mawra Hocaine’s co-host Ahmed Ali Butt and Mohsin Abbas Haider constantly teased her with Ranbir Kapoor’s “single” status which was neither funny nor required.
We concede that ‘Jeena Key Maa Baap Nahi Hain’ has turned into a national concern, yet nobody made a special effort to search for them. In the midst of all the fun demonstrations with the celebrities, Ahmed Ali Butt was extremely unsportsmanlike by presenting a dwarf couple as Jeena’s (Aisha Khan’s character in Mann Mayal) guardians.
All celebrities should think before they speak because what they say can become a media concern in seconds. While introducing an award for the music class in front of an audience, Fakhr-e-Alam flung something at Ahmed Ali Butt for continually trolling him over oversight, to which he got out shouting “Terrorist”. Be that as it may, Quratulain Baloch was unforgiving as she reacted saying, “Who was that rascal?” Seriously, swearing in public is not cool.
However the killer deal of the night was the constant messing up of our host, Ali Zafar. His act was filled with technical glitches. The “rock star” announced the wrong presenters and categories throughout and gave several re-takes. His kick off was impressive but as a host, he was altogether unpleasant.
Best 5 Dressed at the Lux Style Awards 2016
Some of the superstars were truly dressed to impress people. While Mahira Khan dressed impeccably well and giving a peak into her wardrobe, Hamza Ali Abbasi showed how repeating a dress is not a crime.
Here’s our list of the 5 best dressed male and female stars for the night!
Mahira Khan was THE best dressed big name, without a doubt. Wearing a baby pink outfit by Egyptian designer Shahira Lasheen, the hotshot knocked some people’s socks off and we just couldn’t quit swooning over her style. No wonder she was given the Best Dressed Female Award last night.
Fawad Khan did what he does best and that’s making us go totally gaga over him! Fawad stole the limelight by looking elegant in Republic by Omar Farooq. Thumbs up for the amazing man.
Hamza Ali Abbasi
One of the most good-looking men in the industry, Hamza won the Best Dressed Male Award of the evening and he was totally slaying in the four year old black shalwar kameez and waistcoat.
One can never turn out badly with HSY and Mawra demonstrated to us why. Wearing a striped off-shoulder outfit, Mawra radiated class as she landed on celebrity red carpet.
Meesha is a mix of power stuffed vocals and faultless style. The artist created an impression in a monochrome Vickteerut jumpsuit.